Goals are usually asssociated with AA meetings, or the bringing in of a new year. But with another beautiful summer spread beneath our feet, I have decided to make some fresh goals for the short span of exciting months ahead.
Summer has always been a magical time for me. It's a dazzling time of year when your freedom is returned and you have an endless array of possibilities to pursue. As I navigate through the next few months of sunny days, pleasant evenings and wild adventures, the following goals will serve as my guide. 1. Watch the 4th of July fireworks over the Statue of Liberty...IN PERSON.
2. Stop feeling bad about buying expensive makeup and skin-care. Your face is your most important asset!
3. Learn how to re-cover furniture from the all-knowing herself: my mom. 4. Eat my first philly cheese steak...in Philadelphia!
5. Treat myself to a pedicure. Who couldn't use one of those?
6. Read the Book of Mormon. 7. Work two jobs, and live to tell about it.
8. Go green...by driving my scooter instead of my car. ;)
9. Buy clothes that make me look professional. No more t-shirt and flip-flop business. 10. Take my siblings on individual outings. Joel wants to be my friend, and that won't last for long.
11. Take every service opportunity that comes my way. Especially focused on my grandma.
12. Put a significant amount of money in savings. Caution- expensive future ahead!!
13. Go boating. Maybe try waterskiing. If I'm feeling adventurous.
14. Purchase a pair of B-A nude pumps.
15. Study the April conference talks.
16. Take Preston and Joel to the nearby water parks. I'd probably enjoy it more than them.
17. Eat plenty of strawberries, hamburgers, watermelon and corn on the cob. 18. Show Chris all the good things Northern Utah has to offer.
19. Do 5 things I never thought I'd do.
20. Go to Central Park, in NYC!
21. Read, read, read. The classics, gospel doctrine, self-help, financial mumbo-jumbo...22. Somehow pay Jace back for all that he's done for me.
23. Go mini-golfing, bowling, and possibly give volleyball another shot.
24. Work on my blog!
25. ENJOY MY SUMMER BACK AT HOME. :)
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
25 Simple Goals for Summer 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with just about all of that. Best wishes on all the travels. I'll be lucky to make it to Montana this year. lol
ReplyDeleteI like the BA nude pumps idea I to plan on getting some. NYC here we come! I also like the reading goals and the buy professional clothes. I totally feel like there is a transition from St. G clothes to Salt Lake clothes. New York and Company has really good sales every once in a while I bought two button downs for $15! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteAwe baby if only you knew how indebt to you I feel... I think I can help on 1,4,and 20;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Drew. Have you gotten your license back yet? ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for New York!!! I fully intend to dedicate a day for you to show me around PA. You ready for the challenge?? :)
ReplyDeleteOh that was directed to you Sara. lol Not Jason...
ReplyDelete