Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Johnson Vacation

With summertime in our midst, me back home from school, and my dad having a few days off of work, my family has been trying to come up with a good place to spend our Memorial Day weekend. With the unbelievable amount of sullen, gray days here in northern Utah, we decided upon St. George as our weekend destination since we didn't want to go far, but we were definitely in need of some sunshine.

I could probably make the drive from Ogden to St. George with my eyes closed, but this time I wasn't driving, so Preston and I stayed sane in the back seat with naps and good reading. Our family's favorite: The Hunger Games. Preston read it first, then my turn, then mom, then Larissa. Now Preston has his hands on the sequel, and so we each patiently wait to get our hands on it.
As soon as we checked into the plush Best Western, the boys couldn't wait to take advantage of the pool. Of course with beautiful weather, me, Larissa and mom weren't going to complain about that!

At one point when Joel and I got out to dry off, he turned to me and said, "Shan I'm gonna tell you a secret, but you can't tell anyone okay?" Curious, I took his oath of secrecy. "I dropped Larissa's ipod in the toliet the other day," he admitted. I swallowed a laugh. What in the world do you do when your brother tells you that?? :)



It didn't take long for the family to notice the Pier 49 pizza place across the street. We always used to get this pizza when I was growing up, but when the place went out of business in Ogden a few years ago we had to give it up. Just like old times, we ordered our two favorites- spinach alfredo and barbecue pizza.
Following dinner, Preston, Larissa and I settled down for the competitive game of Phase 10. I showed them I still have it. ;)

Eating our complimentary breakfast before heading out to Zion's.


Waiting for the shuttles to come.

We may be 10 years apart, but that just makes us 10 times closer.




Eating at Pancho and Lefty's for lunch. Chips and salsa, chimichangas, and fried ice cream.

Riss did I ever tell you that once you go black you never go back??



I showed the family my favorite park on Main Street.

Right before I got sprayed in the face by the fountain. The boys thought it was hilarious that it came after me and not them.

I thought the boys would like Pirate Island, so we headed there for dinner. Once the food was gobbled up, they went straight for the arcade. Joel insisted that we evenly split the tokens dad gave us. We took turns choosing games to play, then we counted our tickets and exchanged them for pirate tatooes and pixie sticks. Of course Joel made sure our prizes were distributed fairly.


Enjoying the scenery St. George has to offer.



Soon enough our bags were packed, we were checked out of the hotel, and it was time to return home. Our trip to southern Utah had come to a close, but we weren't upset. This trip was only the beginning of many more summer adventures ahead, complete, of course, with my best friends.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! What a fun trip to go down to ST G with the family and head to all the good food places and go to Zions! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a blast. I can wait until our family starts the vacations. Anyways.. Have I ever told you how pretty you are? You look absolutely gorgeous in these pictures. Keep up the blog, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete