Once again I am thanking my local thrift stores for fantastic home furnishings.
My latest project required little work, thanks to the great shape and natural beauty these two pieces had. I bought them seperately, fixed them up individually and ended up with a great set.
I found this beautiful chair at a consignment shop in St. George for $10. 10 seconds later I was smiling broadly in line with my new purchase. I used it as a desk chair in my apartment at school, but upon bringing it home this summer I examined it more closely. It was in desperate need of a new paint job, so I unscrewed the beautiful seat, and freshened up the color.
This $5 table was hiding in an Ogden thrift store. It was heavy and very well made, so I snatched it up and brought it home for some extra love. The table was already blue and white, but it was chipped and cracked in places. My electric sander made smoothing down the top simple, and I painted coats during commercial breaks of The Bachelorette. :)
I have always adored the clean look of blue and white, so I was extra happy about this project.
The chair is much-too big for this bedside table, so it will likely go in the corner of a room while the table will hold bedside items.
Since these pieces are classic and austere, I would add accessories of the same simplicity to match the unadorned style of this set.
I love the clean cut lines and color of this vase.
Silver picture frames would fit in nicely with the teal and white.



No comments:
Post a Comment