Sunday, July 18, 2010

Zebra Zone

Mother-daughter DIY project #2 came together much quicker than my first one. Before I was even finished with my first refurbishing project, my mom spotted this simple chair at a yard sale. When I visited the same location a few hours later, I was thrilled to see it still there. The great thing about finding the perfect piece to fix up is that not many people see the potential it can have.

The dreadful green paint job, stained floral fabric, and cigarette-laden scent made this chair barely worth the $10 my sellers asked for. But with a few strokes of new paint, fresh fabric and a little bit of love, this chair barely resembles the aging horror it once was. Now it is young, hip and stylin. :)

$17 animal-print fabric, $4 colonial red paint, $3 black trim and $4 tack strips, make my new home addition less than $40, and therefore quite a steal.


This Hidden Treasures chair is fancier than mine, but its' pricetag is much loftier at $366.85.

I couldn't have been happier with the way this chair turned out. With each project I gain more practice and each time around I know more than the one before. Maybe after I fix up 10 chairs or so I'll have enough expertise and experience to start selling my work. Do you think anyone would buy them? If not, I guess I'd have a very well furnished home!

No comments:

Post a Comment