It's a strange feeling, getting married. Overwhelming in a I-can't-believe-my-life-can-change-this-much-from-one-moment/When-will-my-do-to-list-ever-end kind of way. But also exciting that your life can in fact rearrange itself to fit the person you love the most. It's bittersweet, I think, to be leaving your family, but crazy as well to be forming your own.
It's just overwhelming, that's all. Every single little part of it. There's an overwhelming spectrum of emotions surging through my veins. The adrenaline is robbing me of my four hours of pre-wedding sleep and I don't like it. But I'm nervous to fall asleep, almost as if the day will come too quickly and I won't be ready for it.
I've done everything I need to though. Seriously, everything. My brain is a whirlwind of action, and my body follows suit.
We realized at midnight, the Captain and I, that neither of us knew the whereabouts of our marriage license, and we have been kindly reminded that we can't, in fact, get officially married without a marriage license. Shoot, who knew while I fussed about sparkly toenails that that without a marriage there can be no wedding! What a cruel cruel detail to add to our night. After scouring my parent's house one time, two times, three times, then four, Jason found it at our home, right where we'd left it. What a story to tell the kids.
You can be certain, I assure you, that where there's a wedding, there's a frazzled bride. One of my biggest struggles of wedding planning was learning to trust vendors. You learn quite quickly that not everyone holds the same vision you do, and it is an incredibly disappointing moment when you discover that realization. At that point you have to depend on communication to soften the idea gap. And then comes the trust. I struggle with that. The Captain and I visited multiple florists, leaving each shop with the same frustration. I wanted specifics, examples, etc., and all they could offer me was their word that everything would turn out.
It's difficult, to trust. Putting faith in a complete stranger to carry out your dreams is not entirely ideal. But without that step, there can be no fruits. Tomorrow I'll marry Jason- the ultimate test of trust. It's scary, I admit, to put all your faith in one person. To trust that everything will be okay and that everything will work out. But it's vital for happiness, I believe, and I know Jason will make me happy.
Tomorrow I marry my best friend. I'm willing to take that step and see where it takes me.
Our wedding is almost here! Check out the wedding hubabaloo.

I was so happy with our invitations. We got so many compliments from family and friends.

My brothers were practically begging to help me with my wedding favors. Joel told me, "Shan for my birthday I don't want a cake, I want m&ms just like these!" I hate to break it to ya Joel, but somehow I don't think 40 pounds of chocolate is the answer. ;)

My dress turned out beautifully. Who would have guessed that this strapless Maggie could transform into the modest gown I'll wear today. Once I purchased this dress, I was told flowers and feathers are 2011's hottest wedding trend. Right on! ;)


The Captain and I made a date of our wedding registry. We laughed and goofed off, registering for Mountain Dew and baby toys. Later I was subtly asked if I was expecting a little surprise.... *serious damage control needed there!
A few of my favorite ladies joined me for a night on the town at local juncle The Mayan. Spicy mexican, sexy divers, and a few naughty gifts made for a hot evening!





No comments:
Post a Comment