A week after my 'ward' shower, my mom's side threw me a family bridal shower. Usually we only see the Barker/Olsen clan once a year for the family reunion, so it was great to have an excuse to see everyone again!
My grandma Mitchell and Aunt Becky worked with my mom to do all the planning.
My closest cousin Leanne. It was the first time I'd seen her pregnant and I couldn't be more excited for her and Ben. We'll be having another shower pretty soon, this time for baby LeCheminant!
The cousins old enough to attend a grown-up shower. ;)
It's a rare occasion to spend time with both grandmas at once, so I was sure to snap a picture. I love these women!
Since every bride must have a bouquet, I had to earn a flower for each question I answered correctly about Jason. I didn't know I'd have to earn my keep!
Easiest question: My biggest pet peeve about my soon-to-be-husband. Shh ladies no telling! ;)
Hardest question: Where was our first date? Haha Jace and I still debate about that! I believe it is yet to be determined because I will never admit that Alvaro's was where we began our relationship.
Sidenote: The day of my shower marked two years that Jason and I have dated each other. Oh how time flies when you're having fun!
Look at that smile! What a sweetheart he is!
Leanne, Kataya, Ashley, Larissa
Devrie and Karen. What babes!
After the shower began, Becky attached names of famous women to everyone's backs. The goal was to find out who you 'were' by asking questions and giving clues good enough to figure out who you are. Karen told me that I have many accomplishments, I live in a different country but I speak english, and I am no longer living. Who am I? Princess Di!
Becky did a great job with the shower- putting together a salad bar and making fresh rolls. She's always been such a good planner. Jason had only met her once when he pegged her as the family link. I'd never thought about it before, but it's true. She's the one that gets everyone together for holidays and special occasions. What did we ever do without her?
It was definitely a good Saturday to enjoy good food and good company. I've been showered in love, and for that I am grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment