
Maybe it's the 30-day mark looming about. Maybe it's the number of my close friends, family and co-workers suddenly thrown back into single life. Maybe every tiff, argument or disagreement seems worse than it really is because in a matter of weeks those disagreements will hold much bigger consequences.
Whatever it is, I admit I've had cold feet as of late.
It's normal, I understand, to experience feelings of uncertainty and anxiety about the big day. It's a life-altering step that ultimately changes the course of one's life. Those two little words of "I do" have the ability to create repercussions for years to come.
Certain comments don't exactly help my uncertainty either. I've heard more than once the mentality from family and friends, "It's easier to get out sooner than later," or "Don't ignore cold feet, they could be serious red flags," and my personal favorite, "Don't worry honey, if you call it off and move to Kansas we'll still love you."
No matter what my nerves are, I am grateful Jason and I have a relationship honest enough to discuss our concerns. I am grateful for the power of prayer and the blessing fasting can be.
It's a scary thing, marriage. But it is also a very exciting time, to know that you can be with the person you love forever. What an incredible promise.
Who knows, maybe I just need warmer socks! ;)
Marriage is a little daunting at first, but at the same time look at what you are really getting...a lifetime of experiences, joys and trials that you go through with your partner. You don't have to be alone and you get to help each other along the way no matter what happens. Cody and I love the movie, Moulin Rouge and we say to each other when things get rough, Come What May, because regardless of what happens you have one another and it is SO worth it.
ReplyDelete