I'm convinced I have the best friends ever. Soon after I became engaged I had multiple offers for bridal showers, luncheons and bachelorette parties. In fact, since three ladies in my home ward offered to host a shower, I asked them to work with each other to plan one. So yesterday Carol, Brooke and Machelle held an open house for me. They delivered the cute invitations, set up the house and made some great food, so all I had to do was show up. How grateful I am for the amazing women in my life.

My 'red and lacy' gift from Jenni. Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

My mom's gift to me. Hmm maybe some nice silverware or something....

Nope! The card read, "Shannon. Use this OFTEN. You'll find it's a great fix-all." Haha Wow mom, that's probably the best advice I've ever heard. ;)

Wanda and Thelma. Wanda is partially blind and she walked all the way to Carol's house.

Riss Wiss. She recorded all the gifts I received for thank-you purposes later.

Pam and Brooke. Brooke made the most amazing fruit dip! Mmm I have
got to try making that.

Tam and Mattie right before her big soccer game. Go Strikers!

Rachel and Lydia got me some super cute mugs, perfect for cold nights of hot cocoa.

Laurie and Elizabeth. It was Laurie's first outing since having baby Max. I'm honored she came!

Marie will be at Disneyland the week of my wedding so I am so glad she was able to make it to my shower. The cleaning supplies she brought me will be much appreciated!

Sherrie, Janine and Jenni. Gorgeous ladies! Yes Jenni you look like Cindy Crawford. ;)

My cousins Jen and Kris and their girls Jaeger and Brookie. They came clear from Holliday!

Yesterday was the first time I'd met little Jaeger! She was such a happy girl! As long as mom was around she was perfectly content just playing with the wrapping paper.

The Johnson side of my family. With their help my kitchen is all set now! ;)
It's no surprise my first bridal shower was a success. With the help of my incredible neighbors, friends and family, Jason and I have amazing things for our new home. I immediately went to our house, hanging up my new clock, putting the fresh pillows in the bedroom and organizing my new supplies for the kitchen. Although I haven't been to my home ward since high school, these ladies came out of the woodwork to celebrate this happy time in my life. How grateful I am for such good friends!
HAHAHAHAHA Shannon I love your Mom. :D
ReplyDelete