Each summer Jason's job requires him to pack up his life and move to a new major city. He began working for Pinnacle in Phoenix, then Las Vegas, followed by Miami and finally New Jersey. But his fifth summer will be different than all the rest. This summer he'll be taking along a wife!
We've been waiting for months for the stats to roll in and the area to be announced. The anticipation is overwhelming, not knowing where you'll be spending the next chapter of your life. But the wait is finally over, and we can't wait to leave!
Friday night I met Jason in Midway for the 2011 Draft Party at the beautiful Zermatt Resort. Jason had been there all day long attending training and meetings and I met up with him to hear motivational speaker Dan Clark pump up the sales guys. He talked about the crucial role wives play in their husbands' success. It's a partnership, he said, that he's not going out to sell, we are going out to sell.
My favorite part of the speech however, was when he asked, "Do you think one moment in time can change everything?" Clark went on, but I was still pondering the question. One moment. Does one single moment hold the power to change a life?
Jason and I sat side by side waiting to hear our future. There are over 60 offices sent throughout the country, and statistics decide what number you are in the draft. Lucky for us we were number 12 so we didn't have to wait long before our manager announced our home for the summer.
Jason had been rooting for NC all along so he was stoked. Charlotte is the largest city in North Carolina and nearby Raleigh is rated one of the best cities for singles as well as one of the best places to reinvent yourself. "Perfect for those of you are beginning the next stage in life." Could we have asked for a better place? Maybe not so much the single part though. ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to see what NC has to offer. There are a dozen states I'd be less than thrilled to live, and North Carolina is exactly the kind of place I had in mind. Beautiful scenery, southern hospitality and weekend beach trips will make this summer a good one for sure. We'll be married and beginning a life together.
No comments:
Post a Comment