Well, we're all settled into our Pinnacle apartments in Charlotte, NC. We've been working for about two weeks now, Jason as a sales rep and me as the office manager. We have very little time to explore together, but we fit in little things here and there whenever we have a chance. But when my new husband is gone for eight hours of the day, often we just want to stay at home. Here's a peek at our little apartment in Steelcroft Farms.
Rather than feature the lovely furniture Pinnacle rents us, I'd much prefer to showcase the windows in our living room. I LOVE natural light, so I was adamant about getting an apartment with plenty of good windows. It was also important to me to get a place that faced the street and not the parking lot behind us. Seriously who wants a view of the dumpsters??
Once again, our dining room has a nice little view out the window. We could totally zipline up to a friends' third story apartmnet if we wanted.
Nothin' too special here. Although I am happy about the walk-in closet, despite the fact that I have very little clothes and shoes out here. When only a suitcase of clothes will fit in your already-packed car, you have to pick and choose.
Lots of drawer and closet space. Yay!
The first apartment we looked at was ground level. That's usually a good thing, but it didn't have a fenced-in patio and it faced the parking lot. I know I'm picky, but I wanted a little patio with a good view where I could read a book and not worry about Ollie escaping. This one works out perfectly. I keep telling Jason I want to get some cute little patio chairs where we can play scrabble or eat dinner as the summer sun goes down. But who am I kidding, Jason and I don't play scrabble unless its' words with friends on our phones, and the only day we can eat dinner together before dark is Sundays. Guess we'll just have to save our scrabble/supper for Sundays!
On Easter Sunday we drove around to better explore the area we live. I love the beautiful trees that line the windy country roads.
Last Saturday I took Ollie for a little walk. We have so many things in walking distance. Target, Old Navy and a few grocery stores are a 5-10 minute walk away, as well as TGI Fridays, Salsaritas, Quiznos and Five Guys. Nail/hair/tanning places, Home Depot,Uups, Staples... it's all there! Yay for me because I may not always have the car to get me around.
I was thrilled to find the library right around the corner. With no tv or internet yet I've been desperate for good old-fashioned entertainment. The sweet ladies at the front desk pointed me in the direction of their Saturday book sale, and I found Tuesdays with Morrie, a book I've heard good things about forever now. It was only .50, but upon rummaging through my purse I realized I didn't even have .50 to give! They didn't take cards, so I hung my head and headed toward the door. But the sweet receptionists called me back and told me to take the book and bring my .50 back later. Everyone is so friendly out here! That made my day.
The bbq place down the street from our aparments. Gooood stuff, but it doesn't beat Zaxby's. Nothing could. Chick-fil-A is right across the street, but somehow we've made the drive to SC three times now to indulge in Zaxby's chicken instead. Mmmm!
After I left the library I stumbled across this little carnival at the middle school behind our apartments. The kids liked Ollie more than the bounce house!
One thing I love about the south is the amount of water everywhere. This is a tiny little lake right by our apartments.
Well I had good intentions on this one. The Light Factory seemed like a good idea, and since I like photography and I like museums, I figured it'd be great. In fact I was so confident, I dragged Jason and one of the sales guys with me. Little did I know, the "museum" was no more than one room full of yes, photography, but the subject of the month just so happened to be gay couples and nudes. Art? Maybe. Interested? Not really.
Ollie and I decided to check out Lake Wylie since it's super close to where we live. We sat on the dock for a little while, or rather I sat on the dock and Ollie sniffed every rock. I told Jason we've gotta get a raft or tubes or something to beat the hot NC sun.
Today me and Sydney (one of the rep's wives) checked out a cooking demonstration at Williams Sonoma. I've been dying to go to one of their cooking classes, and that gave us a taste...haha pun totally intended, of what they have to offer. We dropped off her job applications at the mall and spent the evening at the pool to work on our blogs. I guess the good thing about free time is that your blog stays updated. That and my tan is coming along quite nicely. ;)
Charlotte has treated us well so far.







I love your blog! I had so much fun hanging out with you today! We'll for sure have to get together again soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally got settled in! And your place looks amazing!!! Sounds like you guys are going to have a great summer!!! :)
ReplyDelete