Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Becky's Baby Shower


In just a matter of weeks we'll have another niece around here! When we were in New Jersey last summer Becky called us up to say that she was pregnant with her first baby. We were so excited for her, but sad we couldn't celebrate with her in St. George since we were clear across the country. So when it came time to plan a baby shower, I was all over it!



I had grand plans for the shower, but with Christmas fast approaching and finals the following week, my mother and sister in laws jumped in to buy, plan and decorate.



Becky's cute Halloween shirt



Since the shower was on a Saturday all the Tippetts came up to St. George. What a huge change from the normal! Tyler got his time share in Green Valley(?) for his family, Deb and Katie to stay at, and Ben and Sheridon stayed with us.
Sheridon and I stayed up late the night before making tissue-paper pom-poms, a Martha Stewart idea I wanted at my wedding, but never got around to. They turned out pretty cute, in all different shades of happy colors. In fact, I still have them hanging up in my dining room. Over Christmas my dad's like, "So... are these things Christmas decorations?" :)



I found this recipe for frozen strawberry limeaid on Pinterest and it turned out SO good. I think it was gone before the cheese, veggie tray and even the italian creme cake. And boy was THAT good. I may get a Sam's membership just for that!



I baked these cupcakes the morning of, and Larissa and Sheridon helped me frost them minutes before the doorbell rang. They turned out pretty cute.





 Melissa made the traditional diaper cake and we had to remember everything on it for prizes. Yeah... I couldn't remember a thing.



Becky holding the diaper wreath Sheridon made her.



 So months before the shower Deb showed me the little cradle all the Tippetts slept in as babies. Becky wanted it for Baby Penelope, but Deb thought we should fix it up a bit first. So I got to work sanding and priming, and six cans of spray paint later I got it looking like this.

It was a fun experience to be working on the same cradle my husband was rocked in. Maybe one day we'll have it for our own baby. :)



It was a fun little shower on a beautiful blue December day.


Last weekend Jace and I met up with Becky and Ben and Olive Garden to catch up before the baby comes. They're excited and nervous, and rightfully so, but Becky is glowing and she couldn't be happier.

I can't wait to meet Baby Poppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment