Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Travel



I love this quote.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm 22, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better...

Or because I want to travel-- as far and widely as possible.


Bourdain's quote makes travel seem feasible. Obtainable. Within reach.

I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel, and for that I am so grateful.

When I got out of high school I had two immediate plans for myself: to go to college and to travel. For 18 years of my life I lived in a red brick house on Darling Street. But as soon as I decided to travel I did just that. I've even slept on a few floors.


 
I can feel myself learning, my perspective widening and my eyes opening to the people and cultures I visit.

I never turn down an opportunity to go- to fly, to drive or even to walk. It's so intriquing to me, to find out how other people live and eat and cook. To learn what they believe, what they feel and what they know. It's fascinating.

So if you're 22, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel.

It's worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment