Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Birthday, a Wedding and an Anniversary.

It's safe to say I've been going through blogging withdrawls.
 
Seriously you guys. It's been driving me crazy. I rarely get behind with my pictures to post and stories to tell, but when your phone takes a dip in Sand Hollow and your computer overheats and is repaired up in Ogden, you have no choice but to wait over a month to blog again. Boy am I glad to be back.
 
Sadly, I lost my mid-summer pictures- of which were J's first Bear Lake trip. Sigh... so I guess I have no other choice but to pick up where I kindof... left off.
 
 August 10th.
 
 

Ah August. What a beautifully busy month. This day was not only Jason's birthday, but it was also his friend Matt's wedding day and was a day before our 1.5 month wedding anniversary. My family came into town from Ogden, the Tippetts came up from Vegas, our friend Chris stopped by on his day off, and my work-friend Sandy and J's mission companion Josh and Amber all spent time with us during the weekend. 
 
:)
 
 
Matt and Jessica were sealed in the St. George Temple, followed by a wedding luncheon at Jess' church and a reception that night at her parent's home.
 
 
 

It was a BEAUTIFUL backyard reception complete with palm trees, paper lanterns, tiki torches, backyard dancing and a sparkler send off. Minus the heat, Matt and Jessica's reception was a reception plucked entirely out of my dreams. I always envisioned a summer reception in my family's backyard. Sigh...and it would have cost a whole lot less than my actual wedding...  :( But no regrets right?!  I grabbed a dirty Dr. Pepper and one or two mint brownies and enjoyed the ambiance of my- I mean Matt and Jessica's dream wedding.

;)

 
 
 
Matt asked J to be his best man, and I don't think he could have made a better choice. Course I may be a tad bit bias. ;)
 
 
Really though. When we got to the reception and saw that nobody was manning the vase/picture sign-in, we jumped in and got to work. (J just a little bit more willing than I was in the 90 degree heat.)
 
In true best-man form, J took charge by leading people to the gift table, coordinating the cake-cutting, dance and send off, and even kicking the bridal party into gear when food or drinks needed to be restocked or action needed to be taken. I was so proud of him. J is definitely a friend that gives more than he takes. I am in awe every day of the sacrifices he makes for his friends. I don't know if I'd want to coordinate a wedding on my birthday!
 
 
Did I mention we bought a beamer?? Just kidding. Somehow we ended up with keys to a BMW at the sign in table. Which talented comm major spotted the lady with the missing keys out of the crowd?? This comm major. Course she was wandering up and down the street looking a bit confused. ;)
 
 
 


 
 
 
Gosh these two were sooo sweet together. I've never teared up at a wedding before, but it was difficult to hold back tears as these two smiled ear to ear during their first dance.
 
 
I'm so happy for them.
 
 
 
Happy wedding day Matt and Jessica and a happy birthday to my hubby!
 
 
 
The next morning it was early to rise for me as I reported to work while the rest of the fam prepared for J's bday party.
 
J doesn't request much for his birthdays, but this year he told me he really wanted to have a party. So we rounded up some food and friends and celebrated with an old fashioned pool party. Almost all of the Tippetts joined us, but I got very few pictures at the pool. :/
 
 
Even Wally came! But he was more concerned about locating my dad over anything else.
 

We rented out the barbecue area of the pool and the boys occupied the waterslide, but the kids tired out quick and we headed back to the house for J's favorite german chocolate cake.








He's an old man now. Twenty-what now baby?? I have to do my math real quick every time someone asks his age. After he passed 25 I just can't keep up. You old man you!





 
Later on Sheridon, Becky and I went to Tai Pan for their going out of business sale?! since Sheridon had never been there, and then we met back up with the guys for pizza before everyone had to disperse.
 
It was a really good weekend with our families, plenty of friends, and fun events to celebrate over the summer weekend. There's nothing better than that.
 
:)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment