This year we spent Labor Day weekend exploring, camping and hiking in Bryce Canyon with Ben and Sheridon.
I called in sick to work and we packed up the 4Runner with bikes, tents, camping chairs, coolers.... even a futon mattress. Somehow we fit everything, but it was a lot of push and pull!
I'd never been to Bryce before so I was shocked when we came across landscape beauties like this all over the place.
Setting up the campsite. Even Wally and Wyatt followed us around trying to help. :)
Ben just loves his air mattress! This one was a dream, deflating all night, every night all weekend long. :/
Looking good boys! ;)
The next morning we hunted down the look-out sites.
J thought it was sooo funny to get as close to the edge as possible. Boys...
So J and I aren't usually ones to hike, but with such pretty scenery we gave it a shot.
It took us well over an hour and was a bit longer/harder than we expected, but I actually had a really good time! Course I wasn't carrying Wyatt like poor Ben and Jace. I had this little guy hidden away in my pack instead.
We were all exhausted after that so we returned to our site, made sandwiches and went to bed. There's just something about napping on a warm sleeping bag up in the mountains somewhere- I love it.
Later that night we went to the cutest little town near Ruby's Inn.
That night we sat around the campfire for hours chatting it up and making banana boats Sheridon found on Pinterest.
It was a short weekend and a short trip, but we had a really good time with Ben, Sheridon and Wyatt. Jace was stoked to finally use the tent I got him last Christmas and we all swore we'd go again before it got cold. With all our new supplies we're going to have to!



No comments:
Post a Comment