I've been feeling bad that Ollie's left at home all day when we're at school, so we've been making frequent trips to the park a couple times a week. It's good for him as well as for us to get a breath of fresh air in between classes and homework.
Isn't that sky amazing? It reminds me of my favorite playdough ice cream we snag at Judd's on special occasions.
Heaven to Ollie, I think, would be full of ice cream. He closes his eyes and laps up as much of the good stuff as he can.
I brought him some of my Yogurtland one day and he just loved and loved and loved on me.
We discovered the coolest park in town one day with playtoys like I've never seen before. I think J enjoyed it more than the kids did.
I began the first day of my last year of school on a bittersweet note. Lately I've been grasping at the idea of grad school because I can't imagine not being in class. It's scary to leave the culture you've belonged to and loved for so long, but also exciting to walk into a new world of possibilities. Here goes my last year of school! :/
Ollie dropping me off on the first day of school.
In addition to my senior year of school, I've been working like a madman at Sorenson, as well as compiling and creating the financial report for the Dove Center- a local shelter for victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
When Jace goes out of town I gather my reports, pick up some sushi and get to work. It's going to be an undertaking to get this report done and distributed, but I'm excited about it. I've already learned so much.
During our trips to the park Ollie discovers little animals he's never seen before like frogs or this little green worm. What are those things called with the spike on the end of it? Anyways, he paws and it and stares and stares, trying to figure out why it's lunging at him. And everytime he goes outside now he searches for his little worm friend. It's fun to see him explore and experience new things. I can't even imagine how that will be with kids!
Speaking of kids, my sister in law has been inviting me to her weekly hikes with her friend Stacy. They bring their kids and I bring my water bottle, and we go up to Snow Canyon for an hour or so. It's been fun to do especially when J is out of town and I'm lonely.
We also went to Tuacahn to see Aladdin together- for free thanks to a cast member friend of Ben's. I'd seen Hairspray but not Aladdin, so for once I saw both summer shows! Apparently my family just got tickets to Hairspray later this month, so I might as well just get frequent show miles while I'm at it. ;)
We've been seeing a lot of Ben, Becky and Poppy lately. One 100 degree day Becky's tire popped on her way out to Washington, so she called me for rescue. Since I don't know the first thing about changing a tire (although I could probably figure it out!) I brought along the male contents of my house- Jace, Pres and Chris. By the time we got there Ben was there as well so that tire was fixed in no time. How many guys does it take to change a tire?? ;)
Ben asked me to help him redo some old chairs his mom had on hand so we've been working on those for over a month now, even though they should have taken us like one weekend. Oh well I guess.
This is how a puppy hugs I guess. :)
In between trips to Cafe Rio, we've been frequenting Costco a lot lately since my dad surprised us with a membership. J is pretty much addicted to Naked juice, so that membership's definitely been put to use.
One night we were walking the new trail overlooking the city and we got a full firework show not far in the distance. J wanted to find the source, so we drove downtown to figure it out. Out by Summit Athletic Club a house on the hill was all lit up with twinkle lights and even a full working carousel out back. The fireworks had been lit off right by there, and all of a sudden a helicopter came out of the sky and landed right there! J was convinced Mitt Romney was coming in for a party since he was supposed to be in Vegas the next day, but I don't know about that. What I want to know is how do we get into that party??!
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment