For the first time in my life I can't wait for school to start.
So to prepare for normal life again Jace and I took a little road trip down to St. George with my mom and sister in mom's new Audi. I'd been searching for housing online, but there was no way I was going to commit without at least a walk-through. Our good friend Chris allowed us to stay at his place in Hidden Valley, and we hit a couple property management companies for leads.
After a single day, though, I was in tears. Every place we saw was just wrong. Would you like cigarette stench with that or Grandma Moses' floral carpet? How do you feel about 70's style accordian doors or a 20 minute drive out of town? We offer an assortment of pest problems; take your pick of roaches or mice. One realtor tried to push me into a newly-painted basement apartment or a mobile home. Uh.... thanks, but no thanks.
Finally, we came to the conclusion that we spent more time praising Chris' apartment than we did with the good features of the previously mentioned combined. And when we looked into the details we concluded a three bedroom townhome in Bloomington is almost the same price as the roach motel.
And that is why we are moving into the home pictured above this Wednesday!!!
I can't even express how excited and relieved I am to finally have a place of our own. I can finally unpack and put to use all our beautiful wedding gifts! That and we can have a normal life again with a schedule, and consistency, and a plan. Oh thank you school for giving me that.
I have big plans for St. George. I've heard incredible things about Little Mermaid at Tuacahn. I am in love with Kneaders and can't wait to take them up on their $5 unlimited french toast deal, and Texas Roadhouse will be so much more enjoyable now that I don't work there. I'm thrilled to have a pool again. Gimme that Dixie Sun and I'll be poolside 24/7. ;)
It was a good time back in St. G. Once the housing hunt was over we were able to relax a bit and enjoy the mini vacation. However, Jace and I were just kneeling down to say bedtime prayers one night when we got a call from his brother. Our nephew Lucas hadn't been doing well. He'd had a bad infection and it wasn't looking good. The Tippetts had been calling us frequently, but this call was different.
We rushed down to Vegas to lend Ben and Sheridon support as funeral plans began.
Jason and I never met Lucas. But everyone who'd seen him said he was a beautiful spirit. I believe it.
Big brother Wyatt
Jason worked on a slideshow of Lucas and I decorated the table at the funeral with pictures and poems. It was a heartwrenching time, it still is, but in every painful situation there can be found a trickle of light. I was so grateful for the comforting presence of the spirit during those days.
Oh how grateful I am for the sealing power of the priesthood and the knowledge that Ben and Sheridon have Lucas sealed to them forever. That is a power beyond death.
Sammy at our favorite St. George park.
Following the funeral we caravanned up to Payson for the burial. As a newly married member of the family I have seen just how the Tippetts pull together when tragedy strikes. They are there no matter what.
We crashed at Grandma Tippetts' house for the next few days, visiting, playing cards, and feeding the horses to keep ourselves busy.
Ollie even got a chance to see the horses. 'Cept he wasn't very nice. ;)
The burial was beautiful, on a gorgeous August summer day. Ben gave some words, which is a brave thing for a father to do. At the end of the burial, everyone tied a note to Lucas, and we sent them off to heaven. Grandma Debbie wrote a poem for her grandson.
We have come together to celebrate Lucas Reid Tippetts, this little sunshine boy,
His life was sweet though very brief, but those hours we did cherish and enjoy.
Your sweet little smile, and precious hands we held for such a short time
You were Heaven sent, by sweet grace, and will forever be yours and mine.
We may shed tears and long for you, and it will be difficult to be apart.
But, our love for you will grow each day as your memory is etched in our hearts
Our families are sealed together forever, and so we will meet above,
We come together, because forever we’ll remember your preciousness, beauty, and love.
Watch over us Lucas from up above, help us to do what is right
We send our balloons and our grief above until they rise out of site.
We Love you Lucas – As Buzz would say, “To infinity and beyond.”
The next day the guys decided to go on a fishing trip out to Utah Lake. But us girls wanted to do something fun too, so we planned a trip to Gardner Village where most of my sister-in-laws had never been before.
Alison wouldn't crack a smile.
Grandma Debbie bought Lexy and Sammy jewelry boxes that play Swan Lake as the ballerina twirls.
Wyatt and the twins couldn't get enough of the ducks.
Melissa and her princess cowgirl hat.
I liked the candy shop. :)
It was good to spend so much time with the Tippetts, even if it was on such a sad occasion. I feel closer to them after this experience. I kept telling Jason I've never had a close family member pass away so I don't know how to comfort those who are hurting. We are blessed though, to have the spirit of the Lord comforting our family members over the past few weeks. I pray for Ben and Sheridon every day with the faith that one day their hearts will be healed.






























What a blessing I am sure you are to them. Prayers, as simple as they are, are the most helpful and powerful things. I send my condolences and we will send out prayers too.
ReplyDelete