The school-year is in full-swing, and at last I'm beginning to feel the effects of fall. Not physically, of course, because St. George doesn't really see fall until mid-October or so, but in context, fall is here. Books have been bought, clothes have been shopped. Shorts are gone, scarves are donned. Okay not really folks, but you know what I mean.
Jace and I are getting all settled in our little townhome, homework is piling up and we are happy to say we have a social life again. Honestly, moving back in with the parents, working full-time, getting married then skipping all over the country has serious effects on your social life.
But now that we're back, it feels like we never left. In the past two weeks we've Greased it up at Tuacahn, partied at the school foam dance, hosted a back-to-school bbq, gone to a carnival, taken full advantage of the pool, played tennis under the Dixie sun, frequented every St. G home store and planned a trip to Cali. It's nice to say we're back in business!
I'm so relieved to be where we are now, physically, mentally and spiritually. Not to say that this summer wasn't great, we had a lot of awesome experiences, but I'm ready for the next season- the next stage in life.
We learned a lot this summer- a lot good, a lot bad. And that's just how life is. But I don't necessarily want to brush it under the carpet, I want to acknowledge the things Jason and I experienced both indvidually and as a newlywed couple. This just so happens to be my 100th blog post, and I would like to use it as an opportunity to record 100 things I learned from summer 2011. Because if you don't learn from an experience what good was it?
100 Things I Learned this Summer
1. My parents really will do anything for me.
2. Dogs improve the quality of life 100%.
3. My husband hates stylish shoes. Seriously.
4. As much as I hate to say it I could never live in NYC. I like my space.
5. You can live on so much less than you think you can.
6. Simply changing my haircolor can really do a number on my confidence.
7. I'm a better cook than I thought. :)
8. Making friends is easier than you think. Don't stress!
9. Exercise is not that bad if you find something you actually enjoy doing.
10. I'm addicted to blogging. If that's not already obvious! :P
11. Saying "I'm sorry" it's as difficult as you think.
12. Plants make me really happy.
13. So does jewelry.
14. And new shoes.
15. Problems are solved much quicker when you talk about them.
16. I used to think I completely unracist. Then I moved to New Jersey.
17. I could eat salad every single day.
18. The dating life is so much more romantic than married life. Our idea of a date is a night in watching Lost.
18. The dating life is so much more romantic than married life. Our idea of a date is a night in watching Lost.
19. Being an office manager is in no way a glamorous position. It sucks!
20. I'm much craftier than I think. I just need to follow-through on ideas.
21. I'm hooked on 'Kardashians'. Don't judge. :P
22. Jason can cook! And when he does, he does it really well!
23. Utah is so much better than other states, in so many ways.
24. You may not have talked for weeks, months, years, but it's never too late to make a call.
25. Dogs are so much smarter than we give them credit for.
25. Dogs are so much smarter than we give them credit for.
26. There are 4 things you should never penny-pinch on. Knives, bedding, underwear and razors. Really!
27. I could never live with myself if I lost my wedding rings. I love it way too much. Go Leo!
28. People will walk all over you if you don't put your foot down.
29. Humidity is not that bad. Seriously guys, get over it.
30. When in doubt, ask. You look dumber not asking.
31. It's a small world after all!
32. If my mom and I ever live more than an hour away we'll talk every day.
33. Lady Liberty is every bit as beautiful as they make her look.
34. I have discovered the name of my first baby boy. But shhh I'm not telling!
35. Thrift stores are my new favorite place.
36. That and Home Depot. Uh.. I mean Sephora? ;)
37. I will never be caught with one of those feathers glued in my hair. Tacky!
38. Better late than never!
39. Pinterest is cool. But not that cool. Hellooo, copyright.
40. I can't be at peace somewhere until I've really explored the place.
41. The grass is always greener!
42. I have a much shorter attention span than I thought.
43. Mis-tinted paint is the best thing since spray paint.
44. Zaxby's blue zalad is right up there with the Cafe Rio pork salad. Mmmm!
45. My husband may just have ADD. And I have no idea how I didn't see that!
46. Businesses will bend a lot of rules if you just ask them to. :)
46. Businesses will bend a lot of rules if you just ask them to. :)
47. Hypocrites come in the form of friends. And they'll always make you feel bad about yourself- if you let them.
48. I drink so much more water when I buy it bottled. Unnecessary? Yes. But so's dehydration!
49. If a company doesn't do their job, there's nothing wrong with bugging them until they do!
50. I'm better at tennis than I think. Not great, but better. :)
51. Apparently I get allergies now. Suck.
52. Men need sex. Seriously they need it. Just like I need chocolate once a month for an entire week. The sooner I accept that the better. :P
53. I can make good money selling reupholstered chairs. I need a workshop. :)
54. Anything that boosts a woman's self-esteem is completely worth the money.
55. Nothing is worth your safety.
56. When I become a millionaire I want fresh flowers on the table every day.
57. Always get the more expensive room. Saving a few bucks is not worth the fleas. Or STDs.
58. Filling in my brows does wonders for my face. So does eyebrow threading. Amazing!
59. Netflix will save your life if you're a Pinnacle wife. Actually, it'll just save your life.
60. One rug can transform a room. Thank you Lowe's for the sweet deal on my zebra one!
61. I don't spend enough time with my brothers. :(
62. Where I spend the 4th of July is one of the biggest decisions of my year.
63. Life is precious.
64. I still loooove sushi.
65. The gospel is perfect. The people aren't.
66. Everyone changes their major at least once, so I shouldn't feel bad about changing mine.
67. There is no "right time" to have kids. Things happen the way they're supposed to.
68. Dogs understand every emotion you emit.
69. People will always put up a front, as long as they're getting a piece of the pie.
70. Every great bedroom has a ceiling fan.
71. Nicholas Sparks had it right- NC is beautiful.
72. A trip to the beach never gets old.
73. Never underestimate your ability to cope. You can handle much more than you think.
74. Happiness is bringing sunshine to the lives of others.
75. I really want to learn ballet. Think it's too late?
76. Next time I have insurance I won't take advantage of it!
77. Anything can be fixed with a fresh coat of paint and some pretty fabric.
78. I can't stand narcissists. Find a hobby already.
79. I am very uncomfortable with debt. Thank you dad for teaching me to resist the ways of the world.
80. I need to have more positive thoughts.
81. People don't like thin people. And I'm okay with that. I'll eat a cheeseburger for both of us.
82. Church members seem a lot stronger outside of Utah.
83. I really need to work on my posture.
84. Shake Shack and Smashburger are by far the best hamburger joints. Love them!
85. Never underestimate the power of tithing.
86. "Working" at your marriage is hard work.
87. Apparently I can eat an entire pound of licorice by myself.
88. I'm in crazy for Bruno Mars.
89. I've decided the reason I love blogging so much is because it's a substitution for the columns I used to write. I miss my days as a journalist!
90. I'm too responsible for my own good. No wonder I married Jason! ;)
91. I could never live without a washer and a dishwasher.
92. You'll never forget someone you once loved.
93. I never want to move away from St. G again.
94. I can't stand a dirty mouth and a dirty car. I'm a clean freak for sure.
95. If I get my mind stuck on a plan, it's a tough job to change my mind.
96. I'm definitely a people person.
97. It takes a really good book to keep the pages turning. Otherwise, it's in the trash!
98. I'm dying to go back to Chicago.
99. Since I got engaged a year ago, fall has taken on a whole new meaning.
100... Everything happens for a reason.

I don't think it's too late :) Take Ballet! Way to learn and be grateful for it--God will keep blessing you the more grateful you are.
ReplyDelete