"Well now, we got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper Sprout,
We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went out.
I'm goin' to Jackson, and that's a fact.
Yeah, we're goin' to Jackson, ain't never comin' back."
Anyone else love Johnny Cash as much as I do? I've had the Cocaine Blues stuck in my head all day today. Haha 'Cept I don't much know the words...
Anyways, remember how me, Jace, Riss and my mom took a trip to St. George to hunt for housing? Well, Jace and I spent a week in Vegas with the Tippetts after that, then the following Monday we headed up to Jackson with my fam. Seriously I'm so sick of packing and unpacking that now I just refuse to unpack my suitcase. That is until Wednesday!! Well... on second thought I won't even be done packing then because we're already planning a trip to the beach, and a Disneyland vacay after that. Man I must be crazy.
Anyways, the blog will be just about caught up after I post the Jackson trip. I have a ton of pics, so most likely I'll limit the commentary.
My dad loves Wyoming. Jackson and Yellowstone specifically. I think it's his favorite place on earth. Ever since my mom won a free trip from a radio contest we've been up there almost every summer. Dad called back in June to see if Jace and I would be interested in a little family getaway. And since we are soooo busy, we had a hard time fitting it into the schedule. ;)
'Course I don't really mind going, there's no place in the world as relaxing and laid back as Yellowstone.
It's a world of its' own, Wyoming. It moves at its' own pace, flowing into another sunrise, another sunset.
Ollie likes it too. That is until he sees any kind of wildlife roamin' around the hills. Then he goes berserk.
We saw buffalo...
And elk...
And more elk...
And pelicans...
And chipmunk!
Not as much as we usually see. I was hoping for a few bears... but it's always a hit and miss in Wyo.
It seemed like everyone was fighting over the leash. What can I say, Ollie's a rockstar!
Seems like every vacation we take we get a pic of Joel pouting. ;)
Jace right before he fell in the water. Haha
Dad and Jace. They're pretty good friends.
Love this picture. It's something I'd want framed in my living room.
P-res
Chicken pad thai and pan ang salmon at Teton Thai. I haven't had thai that good since NYC 2 years ago.
Testing out Ollie's new harness. My dad not only bought him a new harness, and a flea collar, but also a 'Bad to the Bone' Harley Davidson bandanna. I'll definitely have to post pics of that!
Dad and Oliver are best buddies. Dad's heart is gonna break when we move to St. G. Just wait.
Check out those surfers on the Snake River! One of these days Sheridon and I will talk the guys into a white water rafting trip. I did it once and it was a blast.
Mom and Joel at Teton Village.
This family pic cracks me up. Me talking, Riss blinking, Jace looking down... classic.
The night before Ben and Sheridon joined us Jace and I finally succombed to HP. Definitely not as good as everyone made it sound. :(
Ben and Sheridon stayed in Cowboy Village with us, and we drove up to Yellowstone together the next day.
Wyatt was a little cutie as always. ;)
First stop: West Thumb. There are so many hotpots there that the whole place is steamy.
Reminded me a little of the first scene in Dantes Peak. Scary right?
Can you see it boiling?
I couldn't believe the ground could get so hot with a huge lake right there.
167 degrees! Guess we won't be soaking in those hotpots!
Doesn't it look like waves on a beach?
The Big Cone. Can you see it?
So blue...
I think Wyatt's starting to like the doggy.
Well an elk showed up among the hotpots everyone swarmed for pictures.
Jace, however, chose that moment to drop his Raybans on the other side of that fence. That elk was ready to charge I swear. ;)
Next stop was Old Faithful. I forgot how big that thing gets!
I also forgot what a hot commodity Faithful is. Look at all those peeps! We all but had to fight for seats!
The clan.
They next day we stayed right in Jackson, browsing the shops, eating at Bubba's famous barbecue and snapping must-have Jackson pics.
The guys relaxin' while the girls browsed boutiques.
Ollie's a cowboy too!
Ben, Sheridon and Wyatt had to head back to Logan, but we made sure to plan our next outing- this weekend we'll check out Grease at Tuacahn!
We headed to Atelier Ortega- a little gelato shop my dad must have read about. It had the most incredible desserts and chocolates!
Look at the detail! They run like $3 a piece. Fine fine chocolate no doubt!
Teton Village was the cutest place. You could ride the gondola up the mountain and mountain bike down, rock climb, swim, run through the fountains, go to an outdoor concert, eat of course, or hike. It's the place to be in Jackson Hole!
The last day Dad gave us all a choice of souvenier money or a ride on the Alpine Slide. Naturally I chose an adorable watch. (Check out S.T.A.M.P.S. if you have time. I absolutely love my yellow-banded retro watch and I can switch out the face anytime!) Anyways, since it would suck for Jason to ride by himself, my dad made an exception to the rule and let me go too.
We rode a ski lift to the top and raced to the bottom.
I've been on the Alpine Slide in Park City, but not this one!
Can you see the flames?? ;)
We spent five days in Jackson, but it's still sad to leave. There's something great about a summer trip with the family. Can't wait til' next year. I'm willing to bet I know where we're going!
"I'm goin' to Jackson, and that's a fact.
Yeah, we're goin' to Jackson, ain't never comin' back."














No comments:
Post a Comment