Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall in Dixie


One morning as I was headed off to school I spotted these big beautiful bushes transformed completely over night. What had been just a boring green bush was now so gorgeous- entirely covered in purple blossoms.

Fall is in the air!


I took Ollie for a walk as soon as I got home to see for myself the beautiful changes fall had brought our neighborhood.


It wasn't much, everything was still pretty green and lush, or as lush as a desert can be. But it was one of those much needed walks, not the kind where you take the dog out and tap your foot impatiently until he finally does his business, but rather one of those walks where you, well... stop and smell the bushes.

;)





I did find some leaves, turned golden by the effects of the seasons, but hidden and found in small increments.



Ollie needs another haircut. He looks like a scruffy little scotty dog. :)



It's so different here than up north where I'm used to. There the seasons change and there's an abrupt shift in the air- no doubt that winter's here and here to stay. But here things are different. Last week we got some rain and just about broke out the sweaters, but now we're back in the 80's.



It's Fall in Dixie with little change in the air, purple blossoms and a bit of rain.

 Call me crazy, but that's just how I like it.    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment