Friday, May 11, 2012

Roger+Katie


I've never been happier to see a couple marry than I was watching Katie and Roger say their "I do's" a little over a month ago. On Christmas day my (new) brother-in-law proposed to Katie just a few months after their meeting at church. It was a quick engagement and marriage, but the Tippetts welcomed Roger into the family with open arms. No one deserves happiness more than Katie and Roger.

 :)





On March 24th we set up the church for the ceremony.




















I felt a special obligation to be right with Katie on her special day and not just because she's my sister, but because she was such a part of my big day. Three years ago we sat across from each other at Chili's- the first of many tears and hugs. She was there when I received my endowment, years later, and she was there to comfort my wedding day tears when no one else understood. She powdered my nose and reapplied my lipstick, lacing my dress tight and bringing me much-needed water as I greeted guest after guest in line. She even bought me my favorite lingerie- consequently I think about her every time I put it on. Gross! ;)












Sammy was Katie's Maid of Honor. Awe. :)












The ceremony was beautiful- short and sweet and tender.






Following the wedding we gathered at Mimi's Cafe for the wedding luncheon. The chandelier, french atmosphere and deep red curtains were so Katie. Roger took off his jacket and Katie wore a sexy LBD- seated in the middle of the room and surrounded by friends and family.





Of course there were toasts and a few tears, but the real party was at the reception a month later. A table full of bundt cakes and fruit kept me occupied all night. ;)















I loved that all the bridesmaids were friends and not such random acquaintances. I love every one of these women!




















Oh the bagpiper- a Scottish tradition at Tippetts weddings. I told Jace as soon as I heard those first few notes I recognized it as the music of my nightmares. Just kidding. Ahem... sorta.









It was a beautiful ceremony, luncheon and reception that I couldn't have been happier to attend. Katie and Roger deserve happiness. 


1 comment:

  1. I love you Shannon! You are the sweetest woman. You have made my brother a better man and have been a welcome addition to our family. I just love you!!

    ReplyDelete