Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homecoming and Halloween

How is it even possible that I've taken a blogging hiatus for three months?! Oh yeah- J and I were both attending school, both got new jobs, both were engulfed in finals, I was serving my internship at the DOVE Center, and our laptop was in the shop...again. Maybe that's why. That means that I have yet to blog about Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and now New Year's! Better get to work!


Since it was my last Homecoming week as a DSC student, I insisted that we attend the Homecoming parade as early and cold as it was. We picked up hot cocoa and snagged a great spot by main street to watch.






My friend Karmen organized and created the Miss Washington County float. It looked great!




Ollie was great until a giant polar bear came toward us, and he barked and barked and barked as vicious as he could. Everyone around us was cracking up.



That same day we stopped by the Halloween celebration the city was putting on downtown. We dressed Ollie up in his knight costume and met up with Ben and Becky to check out the festival.





I love these free-family friendly activities. Ogden didn't have nearly as many family-oriented activities as St. G does. We watched the entertainment, grabbed donuts for J and girl scout cookies for me and took plenty of pictures while we were there.



We didn't have many trick or treaters on Halloween, but we did have a certain tiger show up at our doorstep. Cute Poppy even understood the concept of putting her treats in her treat bucket. And of course there's Ollie in his custom costume sewed by grandma and created by grandpa. We filmed a great video of 007 chasing a treat. Ahem...martini.


Matt and Jessica also showed up so we grabbed a pic of Snow White and these two disco dudes.


Other October news included our new jobs, mine at a financial planning firm in town where I immediately landed as HR director. It was definitely an answer to my career prayers, and I've felt like family to the people I work with. This was lunch with just a few co-workers.


Jason's new job, while still in security, landed in his lap much like mine did. In a matter of days he was made a better offer, and I was flown up to SL to meet with the managers he was signing with.


I swear this guy could get any job he wanted. He always has options. I'm so proud of him!



While we were up north we met up with Cody and McCall where we rode the saddle at Roadhouse, introduced them to Rock of Ages and karaoke-d it up.

 
Oh yeah. I can't forget that earlier in the month the family came down over UEA and Preston's birthday. It was his 16th so we had to celebrate!



J was convinced we make a Texas sheet cake, but it turned out more like a mountain man mud cake. Haha but really, he did a great job. :)



Larissa got tickets to Hairspray, so in addition to shopping, grilling and birthday celebrating, we went to Tuacahn. Both the boys dragged their feet, but by the end of the show they were sold.





 By the end of October family was gone, Halloween was over and the leaves were just starting to change. It's a great time of year in St. G.




No comments:

Post a Comment