Fancy and feminine, I knew I had to use this fabric. I just knew I couldn't settle on any old chair to fulfill the calling. It needed to have curves, and detail would be nice too. Something unique and elaborate, but still simple enough to wear delicate satin. So when I met this peeling, sticky mess at a thrift store, I was confident that it could do the job. $25 is more than I've spent before on a chair itself, but my mom reminded me that when my work is done the chair will be worth much more than that. A little over a month later, I can say that I think she's right. :)


I was all too eager to rip off the old fabric.

Forget piping, I vote for delicate trim.

Next to the damask was a bold striped pattern in the exact color and material. I loved the stripe too, but it felt masculine and I was going for a feminine chair. To compensate, I bought a yard of the stripe fabric and made a pillow to balance out the two.
I love it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment