During the past two years Jason and I have withstood multiple cases of long-distance. His job constantly requires him to pick up and move, first to Las Vegas, then to Florida and most recently to New Jersey. It's probably a miracle that our relationship survived the miles. Christmas, birthdays and summers have been swapped for phone calls, packages and Skype. It's been a heck of a time, that's for sure, but we're still together, and stronger too.
Monday night Jason surprised me with an early homecoming. I wasn't expecting his arrival, so when I was suddenly back in his arms, it was more than surreal. Five months was way too long to be apart. His return was cause for celebration, and celebrate we did.

Two years ago Jason and I went on a boating trip to Lake Powell with our friends Cody and Sara. Jason and I were good friends, barely retreating into dating status, but Cody and Sara were serious, getting engaged a few weeks after our trip.
Two years later we are boating with Cody and Sara again, but this time things have changed. Jason and I are newly-engaged, and the McArthurs are expecting a baby in a matter of months.

What a difference some time can make!
It was a gorgeous day of blue skies and 80 degree weather, perfect for some much-needed relaxation.

That night we joined Cody and Sara for a night on the town, visiting with friends over Cafe Rio, and cheering each other on during couple's bowling.




Over Labor Day I introduced Jason to Jeremiah's, a country restaurant known for their hearty breakfasts and huge portions. Jace was smitten, so this week we had to return.


Today Jason left again, this time back home to Vegas. While it's always difficult to watch him go, we know it's not for long. Our next few months are booked with fun together. We have Halloween and work parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas and a trip to Washington DC coming up. Before we know it all this distance will be behind us, and we'll be together at last.
I can't wait.

My parents had tickets to General Conference so we seperated for Saturday's session, but Sunday we watched together back at the house over fluffy buttermilk pancakes.



Today Jason left again, this time back home to Vegas. While it's always difficult to watch him go, we know it's not for long. Our next few months are booked with fun together. We have Halloween and work parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas and a trip to Washington DC coming up. Before we know it all this distance will be behind us, and we'll be together at last.
I can't wait.




No comments:
Post a Comment