I recently stepped into very big shoes. On February 11th I acquired a new role with big responsibility. Being a wife is much more than cooking dinner and doing laundry. It's an unselfish act of becoming someones partner. Somehow I was surprised at the idea that my paychecks are now to be shared, and I have to be (gasp!) responsible with my money instead of previous frivolity.
Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a wife and a mother, specifically that I want to create a home for my husband and soon-to-come family that is peaceful and wholesome. In a world that is literally falling apart I want my home to be a peace on earth, second only to the holy temple. I have some ideas, "a house of order, a house of prayer..." etc. etc., but what more can I do?
During my usual blog browsing, I came across a post from one of my favorite bloggers- Ashley Ann. She's one of those bloggers you're not sure how you even stumbled across- you've never met her and have no idea where on earth she lives, but you admire her greatly, and you stalk her like a crazy exboyfriend. Anyways, her post was about filling her home with positive feelings and emotions for her three children. Love it. Such an inspiring post and beautiful pictures.
Check it out! http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2011/03/21/filling-my-home-with-the-unseen/
No comments:
Post a Comment