It's that time of year- no not for allergies or taxes, but for the annual Pinnacle move. For the fourth time Jason will move across the country for work, and this time I'll be by his side. :)
We've kept busy since the wedding- I returned to work at the office and Jason has been working on pre-season sales around Ogden and Clearfield. We're in a transitory period though, really just anxious to get to North Carolina. It's been difficult to stay focused on a job I'll be leaving so soon, and even more difficult to be away from our new puppy. I'm pretty much counting down the days- one more week at the office and then a week of fun in Vegas before we pack up the car and head out.
Anyway with summer sales fast approaching, the hubs and I have been all business with post-wedding changes. It's taking me a lot longer than I expected to get thank you notes out (so sorry for the delay), but honestly I can't stomach the thought of anything else wedding. I have photographer and videographers requesting pictures and songs, but I just don't want to think about that let alone the couple hundred notes that need to be written up and mailed. Phew.
I did get my wedding and engagement bands sautered though, that's a relief. Patients constantly compliment me on it at work- "What an incredible diamond set!" or "Wow it's so sparkly!" But I'm just glad to have both bands together, instead of sitting in my bedroom windowsill in its box terrified of losing it. I got my name changed too, spending four hours back and forth from my house to the social security office and DMV for the right documents. My driver's license was expired and I was not about to drive across the country on a tank of luck.
This weekend though, was Pinnacle weekend. Jason had a manager meeting on Friday that we was thrilled to tell me about. Dan Clark, author of the Chicken Soup series was a speaker, and each manager received a hardback book, a leather ipad case and dinner at Rodizio Grill. I met up with Jace in Salt Lake after that and we spent the night in Payson.
Saturday was Field Office Manager training so sweet Jason got up early and took me to Pinnacle. It was good to talk to other Pinnacle wives and get the proper training I'll need for the Charlotte office. The honeybaked ham lunch and 3G Ipad I got weren't bad either. :)
It was Super Saturday- the biggest Pinnacle training of the year at the Salt Palace, so after my training I went along with Jason to his. Dan Clark spoke again, but I was eager to get a case for my new Ipad. They gave the Office Managers a leather Pinnacle case like the reps got, but I headed to the Gateway for a gel case at the Apple Store. At the end of the day though, I left with four shirts, workout shorts, jewelry, sunglasses and a swimsuit. Oops! ;)
Sunday was a farewell for our good friend Erick- called to Russia in a couple weeks. They had a really nice lunch after church and the Tippetts were up from Vegas, so it was good to visit with everyone.
It was one of those weekends that just make you smile. On the drive home Jason and I expressed our gratitude for the blessings we have received as newlyweds. I'm especially grateful that Jason and I have good jobs, both now and in NC.
I was collecting boxes at work last week and one of my coworkers expressed distaste that I'd have to move across the country. Quite the contrary, I thought. I'm excited to spend a summer in Charlotte. Four months is not a long time, like an extended vacation really.
I'm framing a saying Jason continually quotes to me, "To have the things no one else has, you must do the things no one else will do." Love it.
We follow Pinnacle around the country because we value financial freedom. The Pinnacle life is hard, yes, especially for reps, but I am so grateful for the challenge. I will follow Jason around the country for 5+ years if that's what he as the priesthood holder of our home feels is best for our family. But that's another tangent I guess.
This summer will be a good one. I'm grateful to be working alongside my husband this summer. I see it as an adventure, a means to our goals, and a huge blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment