Thursday, June 24, 2010

Making the most of every month

Glancing at the calendar today, a sense of panic blew through me. School's been out for two months and somehow summer's short life is already half over! Sadness, regret and unbelief washed over me until I could pull myself together. Just a quick flip through the pictures on my camera brought me back to the summertime bliss that I have been enjoying. I haven't wasted time, I've actually accomplished a lot. This post is dedicated to the great moments of June 2010.



Summer spend in Ogden is summer spent at the downtown amphitheater watching Monday night movies. As my best friends and I waited for the sun to go down, we laughed, teased, and enjoyed another night that imitated what used to be.








'Monsters and Aliens' was super cute, but Leana and I froze throughout the entire show. There was definitely some major cuddling action going on!


Yes, that's a real Kate Spade, and no mom and I didn't take a trip to Vegas. Instead, we were in little Layton, UT on the search for a perfect chair to recover. In between thrift stores mom pulled this little beauty out of a web of ugly handbags. $15 later she was the proud owner of a lovely Kate Spade. I never thought my mom would beat me to that achievement! :)


These are the heels that broke my heart. Shortly after mom scored her Kate Spade, she discovered these BCBGs hiding in a corner. She must know my style pretty well because I quickly snatched them up and cradled them in my arms. Also at $15, these never-worn treasures were shiny as can be, and imprinted with delicate imprints of BCBG along its' curves. I definitely think the sex is in the heel of a stiletto, and the case of these, sex appeal was sky high. After I trotted around in front of the mirror for 10+ minutes, I dragged myself away from these gorgeous heels. They were 2 sizes too big for me, and I closely resembled a little girl dressing up in mom's clothes. My heart was broken, but I continued on and nursed my aching heart with a few other purchases. :)

A week later and I was on the prowl again. This time I was in desperate need of some chic items for my upcoming trip to New York. Headed in no particular direction, I was lost and confused. But suddenly the clouds parted, and angels led the way to heaven. New York & Company straight ahead! Could there be any better store to prep for NYC fashion? Wedges are this season's must-have, and these babies were a smashing deal. How could I say no?



Post doctor's office and pre work shift, Leana and I met up for a much-needed lunch date. She had never been to the charming Mimi's Cafe, and I had been dying to go back. Definitely a chick spot, we dined on strawberry lemonade, chowder, seafood pasta, and honey bran muffins. Kind of a strange meal, but it was a great luncheon. Sometimes the best dates are when no one speaks at all. Leana and I are so close we don't need constant conversation to enjoy each other. We talked too, of course, mending each other's broken hearts with hugs, tears and support.





On another trip to Layton, mom and I were on our way to Krispy Kreme's to claim our free dozen donuts. For Father's Day, K.K. trades a beautifully glazed box of donuts for an ugly tie for their annual ugly tie contest. Sadly, mom accidently locked the keys in the car and we were stranded at the best donut shop in town. After a little while we crossed the street to Zeppes- our favorite stop for gelata. My favorites: passionfruit and mango. Next time: pina colada! Preston said later, "Great place to get stranded mom!" Frankly, I couldn't agree more. :)


Me, mom and Larissa kept grandma company during one of her chemo treatments. We kept entertained with short walks around the hospital, lots of visiting and a stack of magazines. While I selected People and In-style, Larissa's choice was the May 2010 issue of Popular Mechanics. Where did my sister come from??

Me and the boys goofing off at Lagoonabeach. I didn't tell them to be weird. Haha
My baby brother. Turning 11 this month!


My favorite boys on my favorite ride. The ferris wheel!


Mom and Pop. :)
On the bumper cars I prefer to cruise around, avoiding the crashes around me. However, dad noticed my lack of collision and pointed his Ford straight at me. Only a foot or two away from success, a girl came hurtling straight into him, and therefore robbing him of momentum. I sailed away untouched. That is until Joel crept up on me. :)
This summer I'll take pleasure in the little moments that make up every wonderful summer.


















1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures you have from the summer. Your hair got so long!

    ReplyDelete