Saturday, August 28, 2010

From drab to fab...

Chair #8 only took a few hours of my lovely day off.

Blessed with my mom's habit of clipping coupons, I scored this playful fabric for a mere $5 a yard. Since it was the last bit of fabric on the bolt, I was granted an additional yard for half that price.


When it comes to close-ups, my camera doesn't do so well. The green leaves in this photo look army-green, while in person this fabric is a green-apple shade. I have always been drawn to pure colors, and the vibrant blue and green on crisp white was no exception. I thought the whimsical design of the fabric complimented the playful line of white 'buttons' along the base of the seat.

Kicking the kickplate was definitely a must.


At first I planned on ripping the studs out of the chair. But on second thought, why not leave them? They give character to an otherwise plain jane of a chair.


My work came screeching to a halt when I suddenly ran out of paint. I figured I would be unable to sleep that night with an uncompleted project wafting through my mind, so I trekked out to Home Depot for a second time that day.

This chair would be an adorable accessory to a kitchen, where friends and family could sit and visit with me while I fix dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment