
When I pointed this chair out to my mom, she shook her head and continued on looking for better pieces of furniture. But I lingered around this $5 baby, unable to leave it among it's ugly peers at the DI.
But at the end of the day, my mom and I stood back to take in the enormous transformation that had taken place in just a few hours. "You've got vision," she said.
That's the best compliment she could have given me.
Call it vision, call it hope, call it whatever. But sometimes I get stuck on these ugly chairs that I simply can't walk away from. Maybe it's potential I see peeking through stained fabric and scratched exteriors.
But so far my 'vision' has not failed me. I have completed seven chair-refurbishing projects, and with the completion of each one I gaze on, completely pleased with my work. My brother Joel continues to ask me if I'll sell the ugly chairs I keep bringing home. Yes of course, if I can let them go that is...

No comments:
Post a Comment