Friday, December 24, 2010

Joy to the World...


It just doesn't feel like Christmas. It's been an interesting year, and I've been left wondering how it is already Christmas Eve.

But some things always remain constant.


My mom always has a beautiful tree. Each year it is different, adorned with flowers and feathers, branches and berries, but no matter what decorates its' branches each year, it is always a one-of-a-kind stunning beauty. I love this year's jewel tones.


There's something about the crinkle of paper and the glimmer of ribbon that stirs excitement in the hearts of America. Tis' the season for giving!
My mom is one of the most talented people I know. I'm grateful to spend one last Christmas at home. Although I'm not crazy about my brothers waking me at 7 a.m., there's no better way to spend the holidays than with young ones.
My mom made each of those stockings herself one year. I love them!
Christmas stories remind you what it's all about. :)
Joel made paper chains to adorn our mantle.
There's nothing like sparkling cider for New Year's Eve!
Each year Joel is responsible for the Santa Claus punch. Raspberry sherbet, vanilla ice cream and Sprite is certain to lift your spirits.

So many things to be grateful for. What a beautiful season it is to celebrate Christ's birth with those we love. Maybe tomorrow it will feel more like Christmas. ;)
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment