Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's all about the doubles

This weekend Jason and I set up double dates with some really good friends. Since we're engaged now we're right in the middle of single and married dating, so this weekend we did both!

Friday night we met up with the Wilkinson's for pizza and game night. Marie and I have been friends since elementary school, and we recently got back in touch with each other. I'm so grateful for her forgiving and kind heart, welcoming us into our home to get to know each other again.

Jace and I picked up pizza at Papa Johns- Hawaiian for Marie and sausage for Kagen, and they provided hand-tossed salad and fresh baked Ghiradelli brownies for us. Mmm! The boys talked business and checked out Kagen's motorcycle while Marie and I mixed up the brownies.

Unfortunately the boys won Squabble by a long ways- a battle of the sexes version of SceneIt. Then Marie and Jason got competitive with Disney SceneIt. My favorite was Mad Gab, a game I haven't played in ages. That's one I definitely want to buy. We sounded like drunks, trying to sound out crazy sayings that are oh so obvious to the other team. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

After three hours of good food, good laughs and good friends, it was time to hit the sack. Spending time with the Wilkinson's was a blast.



Saturday night we caught up with Megan and Chad. I met Megan in St. George last year, and we became good friends right off the bat. She was the work-out buddy I really needed- someone to push me on my lazy days. If I have anything to say about Megan, it's that she is a very determined and hard-working girl.

We'd done a double date once before with Megan and Chad, but sadly haven't done one since. Megan and I both moved from St. George to our hometowns of Ogden and Roy after the spring semester at Dixie so we really have no excuse to get together more often!

As much as I hate to admit it my Harry Potter curiosity was getting the best of me, so I suggested a plan of dinner and HP 7. We were going to go with Marie and Kagen to the midnight showing on Thursday, but my 9 am shift the next day wouldn't have gone down so well. It's a good thing we reserved tickets early because Saturday night Harry showtimes were selling out quick. But that's why I love the Megaplex' reserved seating. Too bad we ended up by pot-smoking loonies...

For anyone who hasn't already seen it, (highly unlikely considering the amount of my fb friends who saw it opening day) it was really good! After the producer change in the second HP, my excitement for the series dwindled considerably. I stopped reading them after the fifth book and I never even saw Half Blood Prince. However, Deathly Hallows completely changed my mind. As geeky as it sounds I really want to curl up and have an HP marathon.

Salads and burgers at Iggys allowed us to do some serious catching up, and sweet Megan picked up the tab. How good it was to spend time with her again. I'm so happy to see her with such a good guy. They're going on eight months together!



I'm grateful for amazing friends to double with. Thanks to Marie and Kagen and Megan and Chad for an awesome weekend together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment