It started out as a challenge, developed into a hobby and turned into a collection. But when my collection moved from the backyard, to the basement to my parents' living room and then into my future home, I knew my hobby was getting a touch out of hand.
Just like Joel had, many people suggested I sell my work. From consignment to Craigslist, they were convinced I could indeed make money off of my collection. So when I heard about Simple Treasures, I knew an opportunity had come.
Simple Treasures is an annual craft boutique in Davis County that features local vendors selling homemade goods for the holidays. But not just anyone can join. To be accepted as a vendor, your goods have to fit into the theme of the show. But I was determined to try. Hesitant and scared to get my hopes up, I entered the show and crossed my fingers. Besides my personal blog, I had never displayed my work for public show and critique.
Within a few hours I had a reply.
This week my 12 chairs and I will be up for sale. That's how I feel, honestly. There's just something about selling your work that makes you feel as if you're selling yourself. All your ideas, personality and labor is engrained in your work, and that product is slapped with a price that is either accepted or denied by others.
I can do it though. I'll be paying for an 8x8 booth despite sucess or failure. And if I lose money trying at least I gave it a shot. So this weekend come check out my little booth for Sitting Pretty, my business of chairs.
I can't wait!

Good Luck Shannon! It will be fabulous.
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting Congratulations I am really glad you found a venue where you can make some money off your great talent. I love the name Sitting Pretty too! Now all you need is a gorgeous logo and you are good to go!
ReplyDeleteSaw your work at simple treasures, Thought it was wonderful! I have a few questions for you. If you could email me, that would be fabulous, thanks!
ReplyDeletesharonjohnsonphotography @ gmail.com