Friday, November 5, 2010

A Sugar Daddy and his Baby.



I wanted to celebrate my 50th blog post with something special. Maybe a list of the top 50 greatest foods of all time, or 50 reasons that I love my fiance or something cliche like that. Instead, I decided I would simply press on with yet another post. For a girl used to writing 2 articles a week for the newspaper, a blog post once a week is leisurely, even somewhat (gasp) enjoyable!

Recently my grandma has started following my blog. She had been reading certain posts to her friends as well as showing them the chairs I refurbish. "You write so much," she told me. "New ones just keep popping up!" "Well yes," I replied. "There are about 50 of them."

While 50 posts seems like a whole lot of writing, it's just a small pat on the back to me. They will continue to add up, after each great vacation, weekend or memory that I feel I must record before it slips from my mind. 50 is nothing. Maybe a solid 100 will be cause for celebration.

In the meantime, it's been almost a week since Halloween and I have yet to document the good old-fashioned Halloween party Jason and I attended at the Bryant's home. We didn't stay very long since I had work before the party and then early the next morning, but I was glad we went for the short time that we did. Everyone was dressed up, and in fun, creative costumes. None of that lame, "I'm too cool to dress like an idiot" mentality existed at this party!















Sara used her pregnant belly to her advantage by dressing up as a cute little treasure troll! Could you be more creative than that??





Jason has always referred to himself as JT$. So when I saw these costumes I jumped at the idea. For a boyfriend that constantly buys me jeans, heels, food, etc., dressing up as a Sugar Daddy pretty much comes natural. Add me as his Sugar Baby and we had ourselves a couples costume.




While I had a great Halloween with my fiance, I'm looking forward to future Halloweens when I will have my own home to decorate for the holiday, host costume parties, or hand out candy to trick or treaters. I can't wait for Halloween nights traipsing up and down the neighborhood with my own little ones. Someday soon.








2 comments:

  1. Shannon looks like your halloween was a blast! Howard and I are so happy for you and Jason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I haven't seen you in ages, how is Howard doing with school? And how is baby Chloe?? She's probably getting so big now!!! Oh I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete