Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pinnacle Backend Party 2010


Saturday was Pinnacle's annual backend party.

For those of you that don't speak security, the backend party is a celebration of the biggest paycheck of the year to all employees of Pinnacle Security. That and everyone and their date is pumped up with excitement from inspirational speakers, food and prizes. The black tie affair was held at Thanksgiving Point this year instead of the usual Salt Palace. A red carpet rolled out of the building to welcome salesmen and technicians reuniting with their summertime offices.

Last years backend party

Hors' d oerves and awards opened the night, with bumpin' music to get everyone excited. Then the motivation came in with great speeches from the managers and owners of the company. I was blown away with a video about Elijah Watkins, an attorney at one of the most prestigious lawfirms in the world.

At one time Watkins had very little money to pay for an education. Then he started knocking doors for Pinnacle. For three summers he knocked doors, selling security systems just as my fiance does now. With the help of that summer job, he was able to land his dream job. When other guys were getting out of law school with $200,000+ in debt, he graduated with enough money to buy a home for his family.


"You may not want to make Pinnacle your career," he said. "But it was a great opportunity to let me do what I ultimately wanted to."

I loved this video. What a testimony of how life really is. How many people honestly love working their current job? Is it what you really want to do with your life? I don't necessarily want to work in optical, but I do so day after day to pay for an upcoming wedding, for a house, and to begin a family. I'm sure Jason isn't crazy about knocking doors in 100 degree weather six days out of the week, but he works anyway to pay for an education, to provide for a family and to grant us the financial freedom that we so desire.


How grateful I am for the opportunity Pinnacle has been to Jason and I. For a young newlywed couple who are eager to get their degrees, a summer job fits into our lives perfectly. I am thrilled to explore and experience new cities, living in new places that I would never settle in otherwise.

I am excited for the surprises that each summer brings. Jason has moved from being a tech, to a lead tech, to sales, to sales manager in four years. Along with keeping the job interesting, it offers new challenges and achievements that are gratefully accepted.


To end the party, prizes were thrown from the stage into outstretched arms. Jason won one of those wiggly skateboards in the raffle, along with How to Train your Dragon, a Canon Powershot camera and an awesome watch. I caught Toy Story 3 and my first Pinnacle t-shirt. Since Jason doesn't skateboard anymore, we returned that and the camera for almost $300. However, since I really want/need a camera, I think I'll go back to get it. :)


Pinnacle rented out the Thanksgiving Point theater after the party, so Jason and I packed up all our prizes and headed over to see Social Network. I found it really interesting to learn how the youngest billionaire in the world came up with the most brilliant idea of our age.


I guess I'm just very grateful for a good job to support our family.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe there are no comments on this one! You did such a good job babe and i'm sooo grateful for you having such a great attitude about our otherwise stressful situation. You are a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete